Saturday, June 30, 2007

Sara's Cut Head

Sara cut her head. I don't know how she did it, I can only speculate. I was in the office working at the computer one lovely Sabbath day, when I hear this huge "Crash!" I could hear Sara running around in the hallway, so I knew it had to be her. I sat and waited for screaming that was sure to come when associated with a noise of that magnitude, but...no. No crying. I figured the hallway vent fell down again, and quickly finished typing up the email I was writing. I only had two lines left. Ten seconds later, screaming, not just crying "I got hurt" cries, but panicked SCREAMING from my little baby. I run to her, and all I could see was her beautiful little face covered in blood. I see the cut, and instantly know that it's not as bad as it looks because head wounds are notorious for large amounts of blood. I wipe the blood out of her eyes, and abruptly the crying stops. She wasn't crying because she cut her head. It was because blood was dripping into her eyes! She smiled up at me, and tried to get up to resume playing! I searched around for what could have caused a vertical cut on her forehead...nothing. I think she may have run into a corner on the wall. Andy was at a meeting with the Young Men in the minivan, so I had to book it over to the hospital with all four kids in the impala. Easier said than done! Not only was getting them all seated and buckled difficult, but keeping them happy and occupied for the sake of everyone in the waiting room, including the really mean nurse who attended to us. Luckily Andy met us over there a little while later, and he stayed with Sara while they put in three stitches. It was very traumatic, but she ate up all the sympathy from everyone! My poor little baby.

1 comment:

Becky said...

Hey Kierra, It's Becky. Just lookin through your blog here with Alaina. You're kids are adorable.