Tuesday, April 22, 2008

I've Been TAGGED!

I've been tagged! Thanks Sara, for calling me out and potentially embarrassing myself!



10 Years ago...

Katy, Heather, and Me in 1998!


I was 18, living at home, working with my dad at his Dental Lab, going to school part time at community college, and dreaming of the day when I could move out and go to school full time. You see, I didn't go to college the year after I graduated. At my mother's insistence I stayed home (and I daresay at her ignorance on matters of financial aide to get school loans and the whole applying to college in general). It was difficult for me to stay home when all I wanted was to move away and be independant. It was difficult for my parents to let that happen too easily, me of course being their first child, and so I had to fight for it.

I was also occasionally dating Jason Huntsman (never an item, but I was hoping), and soon to be meeting future boyfriend Ryan, A.K.A. The Highlander, who currently seems to always make it into bedtime stories as "The Evil Highlander" .

5 things on my "TO DO" list today:
1. Get dressed! I have a school program this evening, I wouldn't want Nate to be embarrased that his mom looks a little redneck today! 2pm and I'm still in my PJ's!
2. Fold laundry while catching up with Samantha Who? since I didn't get to watch it last night.
3. Pull out the new scrapbook paper I bought last week and get to planning some layouts.
4. Spend five minutes outside, enjoying the sunshine, while the kids nap.
5. Plan a quick dinner...its going to be chaos from the moment the kids come home from school!

Things I would like to do if I were suddenly a Billionaire...
1. Travel! I would love to be a globetrotter.
2. Get an awesome car, and drive it as much as I want! The ridiculous gas prices will be inconsequential...
3. Hire a maid. I hate cleaning bathrooms and folding laudry.
4. Buy a house with too many rooms, pointless amenities, and insane decor!
Four is all I could come up with, I'm not used to the idea of having whatever I want...

3 of my bad habits:
1. I am a HUGE procrastinator
2. I have a negative inner dialogue when it comes to self
3. I bottle up my emotions until they explode

Places I've lived...
Las Vegas, NV
Orem, UT
Boston, MA
Vista, CA
Beaufort, SC

Jobs I've had...
1. Dental Tech
2. FAO Schwarz clerk
3. Driver
4. Babysitter
5. Ebayer

Something most people don't know about me:

I am a dancer at heart. I love to dance. I wish I was a professional. When I was little, I was a clogger. I haven't clogged since I was twelve, and I miss it. I can still do it, but I really wish I were more involved with it, even now. More than anything though, I am a ballroom dancer. I love anything ballroom. I used to be on a team in high school. I didn't realize what ballroom was though, until I went to an actual competition, right before I graduated. I did a little here and there in college, but I didn't get into it because I got married. If I had the money to afford lessons, I would have been good at it. Really good. So now, I must take comfort in Dancing with the Stars, because that's all I've got!

I tag Melissa, Kendal, Becky, and Annie E!

10 comments:

Sara said...

Thanks girl. You put a smile on my face, on a day I needed it.

I didn't know about your dancing aspirations...but I can believe it. So, I guess you are waiting anxiously for "So You Think You Can Dance" to start again. This show is hands down my all time favorite TV show...EVER!!

Kiss the kids...especially my name sake.

sher said...

Ball room dancing! I never would have guessed it! I loved peeping at your family pictures by the way. Wow, no wonder your such a good mom...you had so many siblings to look out for. Beautiful family

Sara said...

by the way....you look as young as you did 10 years ago. Beautiful.

Melissa Dunsmoor said...

I so miss you! I also miss clogging. Doesn't this tag thing really make you think! Aryann tagged me already so it's on there, you will have to check it out! Love ya

Pamela Williams said...

traveling would be the first thing id do if i were a billionaire too! :-)

Pamela Williams said...

p.s. how do you know amanda & katsu, they're related to me somehow...

Kimberly said...

Hi Kierra! That was fun to read. You have not changed at all in 10 years! (I mean that as a compliment.) We are hoping to make it down to SC sometime this summer...Jason has never been. I'll email you if we can get it worked into our schedule.

Becky said...

That was so fun to read. I loved clogging too. I even put Haley in it for awhile, but she wasn't feel'n it!

Jenny Bobo said...

This was so much fun! Thanks for sharing!

Michelle said...

I don't like cleaning bathrooms either. Now that they're older, I usually make my three boys clean them, I guess as paybacks for all the times they missed when they were potty training. :D