
We are moving to Boston! Though most everyone knows of our news, it doesn't become official until I blog about it, right? Andy will be attending BU as a 2yr. endodontic resident starting in July. We are currently planning a trip in the Spring to find a place to live. Which I am anticipating will be difficult. BUT, we are so excited to be going back "HOME"!
Home you ask? Boston, considered home? If any of you knew how we felt about Boston when we left, you would be completely confused by this. Let me explain...
We took a trip up to Boston a year and a half ago. It was our first official family vacation, and it was the first time we got to experience Boston as visitors (which I totally recommend doing, its awesome!). We got to Hyannis late Saturday evening where we were staying with friends on the Cape. Sunday morning we got up early and drove into town to attend our old ward. As we were driving, a sense of nostalgia for this place we were so eager to leave behind just enveloped me. Almost to tears. I was so excited and so happy to be "going home". That is SO how it felt! I wasn't about to say anything to Andy, because I was pretty sure he would laugh at me or make some kind of snide comment, so I kept it to myself. We literally could not move away fast enough when we left, so this was certainly a strange thought. As I was contemplating on this happy feeling (really I was contemplating, WHY was I feeling this way?), Andy shocked me when he said "I feel like I want to slap myself for saying this, but this feels SO GOOD doesn't it? It feels like we are coming home."
This was way before Andy decided he would try to specialize. But when he decided, we both knew that his best chance at getting into a school would be at his Alma Mater, Boston University. After every interview, he would come home and tell me all about the city and all the insider info he was able to gather. He had some really good interviews, so I was very nervous about having to make a difficult decision when the time came.
We discussed all the factors and criteria we would have in deciding where to go. For us, it was easy. Which school costs less? That would mean that Boston was at the bottom of the totem pole. We are very familiar with BU's tuition, and the debt that accumulates is less than ideal. Hours before we were to find out if he got into a program I said, "If it came down to BU and another school, I don't know that I could choose the other school even though we've discussed its the better option. It just feels wrong." Through the whole waiting process, I was constantly reminded of that experience, driving in the car, and feeling that incredible feeling of coming home.
There is no doubt in my mind, that we are doing just that.






17 comments:
I'm really excited for you guys. Good luck in finding the right place for you.
It sounded just like when I came home from my mission my neice Chloe told me to never leave again and inside my mind I had the strongest thought and feeling that I would be back in Boston.
Years later I meet Courtney and bam! we get married he gets accepted into BU dental and Se La Ve it happened.
I know the spirit prompts us in different ways, almost prepares us before something happens. Like preparing you to have that strong feeling of "Home".
Lots of love,
Annemarie
Awesome! I just might be able to convince Jeremy to take sometime off work to come and visit.
Kierra,
I'm laughing! Home. Ya...I can definitely see that. Jace and Drew were born there, you all became a tight knit family there. Church service was unrivaled there. It is beautiful. History, Parks, Diverstiy, FOOD.
I'm so excited for you!!!!
We can't wait to come visit.
It won't be the same without pizza and a movie. It won't be the same without us....but nothing is ever the same. Now you are going to forge a new chapter in your family's life, make new (but never better) friends for life, and Andy is going to get a great education. Oh, and he'll also end up being and endodontist (that wasn't the education I was talking aboug ;)
I'm happy with you!
How exciting! Congratulations!
I can totally understand why you feel that way, and I'm excited for you guys! I don't see us ever moving back there, but I do miss it. I miss the great food, so many amazing things to do, the energy of the city...I can't think about it or I'll get jealous!
I'm excited for you guys to move back HOME. Now I have a chance to pay you that visit I promised:). I really, really, really hope we get ther!
How exciting! I can see how you would be happy to move back their! We loved it when we visited. It is just so different than anything out here in the west. My parents loved it their too.
BTW-send me your email bcovington@me.com
Congrats Kierra!!!! I'm so excited for you guys! I love the picture from Nate's baptism! You're one hot momma! I can't believe you have an 8 year old! Time passes so fast!
I am so excited for you and your family! I can't help but be jealous! Boston has so much to offer - fabulous food, great people, history, shopping, cool buildings, and did I mention food? Rob and I will be visiting in May for the orthodontic convention and I can't wait. Too bad you won't be there yet so we could see you! GOod luck with the housing hunt!!
I'm sad that home is not Vegas, but I am glad you are going to be where you feel "Home" is. My bishop said he thinks everyone in Boston should just drop dead, or something along those lines. He served his mission there. Anyhow, I hope I can come visit this time and maybe help you move.
I miss Boston SO MUCH. I would move back there tomorrow if I could. Enjoy it for us. We are SO JEALOUS!
xox
I can't believe how fast your family is growing up (I'm referring to Nate's baptism). Sara is already 2? Crazy!
I'm so happy for ya'll! That's so awesome. Btw - Sara is absolutely PRECIOUS. Keep adding the pictures! ♥ you all
I am very excited for you guys to be moving back to Boston. Daylen and I would love to go back there or to D.C. to visit all of the historical sites. Your family is so cute especially Sara with all her curly hair.
Ki- I have a problem... you need to post again, I need more Sara!
Welcome home. Wish we were there to party with you!
We miss Boston too...and yes it still feels like home when ever I go back. But we are just moving farther away. Good luck with the move and finding a place to live.
Post a Comment