Sunday, October 26, 2008

Nate's Baptism

Nate's baptism day was amazing. He was so excited. Andy was even more excited. Andy called it his "first" baptism, since he didn't baptize on his mission in France. Andy was also baptized in the very same font since his family lived here when he himself turned 8 years old. So this was a special day for everyone involved. The program was awesome; Grandpa Stubbs spoke on Baptism and Grandma Brox spoke on the Holy Ghost. The Brox's sang "If the Savior Stood Beside me" and Aunt Shanna got the hiccups right before, and at the very end of the song she hiccuped so loud that everyone heard and laughed. Some shared their testimonies, and my visiting teacher jotted down parts of the confirmation blessing so that Nate can remember what was said during his blessing. It was an amazing day, and the spirit was so strong. As a mother whose baby was baptized, I felt completely overwhelmed with love for him, for my family, and for my Heavenly Father.


9 comments:

Kimberly said...

WHAT??? There is NO WAY that Nate is 8. Certainly they let him get baptized a few years early. Seriously. EIGHT?

annie said...

Congratulations Nate!!! It sounds like you all had a wonderful experience and a great memory you will have.

I remember when we first met you guys and Nate was gosh I can't remember but he was little, I think a baby! wow how time flies when your having fun.

I love all your new photos of the kids, Drew has really grown from the last time I saw a picture of him. Very handsome boys and what a beautiful girl, I just love those big eyes and cute curly hair.

Loves,
Annemarie

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Nate! What a special day for you all:)!

Melissa Dunsmoor said...

I can't believe that Nate is 8 already. I love all the new pictures of your kids. I think Drew has changed the most since we havd seen you last. Sounds like it was a great baptism. Wish we could have been there. That's another thing Keving and Andy have in common, their kids were their first baptisms. :) Miss ya

Adah said...

I can't believe my little nursery boy has been baptized!! Congratulations on raising a great kid!!

annie said...

Hey I'm waiting for an update you guys. When I read that your going back to Boston I was shocked I didnt know that Andy was going to do specialty. Were excited for you. Do you think you'll live in your same house????

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Loves,
Annemarie

Pamela Williams said...

i LOVE the new pictures, the ones from the wedding were getting old! im assuming shanna took those during the visit...they look really nice. jace looks like tyler in the top one. sara is darling, and congrats nate! thats awesome...sorry i havent been too great at keeping in touch, kinda been hiding! ha ha. but i wanted to say hi :D

Kimberly said...

OKAY, I know you are moving, have a house full of kids (Andy included), and have to keep your hair perfect (cause I've never seen it NOT perfect), but seriously - update the blog!!!! ;-)

Erica Johnston said...

Congratulations Nate! Wish we could've been there! Sara's new pic on the side is AMAZING!!!! Her hair is s long- beautiful! We miss you guys and are jealous you're going HOME!!