My goal is to potty train Sara by her 2nd birthday (which is in two weeks). She is the last one, I am SO EXCITED! I have been changing diapers for 7.5 years, and I am so done. THE TIME HAS COME. I am ready to be free of changing poo! I do the "How to Potty train Your Child in a Day" method, but it has never had success for me in one day. Not with any one of my children. It usually takes a full week, and there were a couple of times I had to leave it alone for a month and re-introduce it again. Thankfully, Sara has been showing signs of wanting to potty train. Here is an overview of our successes (and failures) in our Potty Training Boot Camp!- Day 1- NOT a good morning. On the fifth pair of undies by noon, though thankfully the contaminates have been contained thus far. Had to start a load of laundry early to keep up with the demand, made the switch to brother's undies (much looser; easily comes off and is much more uncomfortable when an accident occurs). 2 wins before naptime...could she be getting it? SIGH, I hope! Overall score: 4 good, 10,11,12...? bad
- Day 2- Very similar to yesterday, though I made it easy on myself and didn't pump her full of juice today. She scored three times, earning everyone a treat, but overall...YIKES. Very hopeful tomorrow will be better. Overall score: 3 good, 6 bad
- Day 3- I wish I could erase this morning from my memory, FOREVER. Can we say, carpet cleaner? I've hit the point in the week where I just want to give up! She knows when she has to go, that is the frustrating part. She goes and hides, every time. She always does it between the scheduled potty breaks every 5-10 minutes. I fear if this keeps going the way it does, I will be bald very soon.
- Day4- Had to put a stop to all the mayhem! Her little bum is still recovering from the juice iv...you would think I would be smarter about apple juice, but we don't drink much of it so I didn't realize how it would effect Sara. OOPS! Will have to again in a month or so to recharge! : )
MISSION INCOMPLETE!



12 comments:
UGH...I'm not sure how I feel about the whole potty training thing yet. I can't believe Sara is almost two...time flys. She is such a doll, I'm so glad you got your little princess!
Your blog is looking good, I'm so excited you have updated it...I stopped checking it for a while. I enjoy checking out Tyler's too. Hope all is well for you guys.
Miss you and love you guys!
I so Miss You guys!!!! I don't wish for potty training, but sure with for the baby part.
Sara's room is so cute. I love it. Maybe when I move again, hopefully for the last time, but not anytime to soon, you can come help me decorate my whole house.
I am glad you finally updtaed also, I was not sure how your blog was working, I still can't get the Super Bowl one to come up. But it looks great!
Love you!
It has been great to look at all the new updates!! I love Sara's room and the boys are so cute.
I hope the potty training starts working better for you. We are trying to train Elsie to go to sleep on her own...so far we have not succeeded but there has been a little progress. I can't even imagine having to potty train!
i am just so impressed that you are potty training before 2. I'm lucky if my kids are trained at 3 1/2. But I am like you, I can't wait to be done with diapers once and for all.
Okay Kierra,
Any good tips for me? Jaxon is nearing three and for the past year and a half just has ABSOLUTELY NO INTEREST in potty training. You trained three boys...were any of them like that?
You wouldn't think that you could get any closer to their waste with diaper changing, but then there's potty training. Good luck, eh. The one great thing about potty training girls, is that you can put them in dresses so you usually only have to change the undies with the accidents. At least that's how it worked with my little Miriam.
Your kids are so adorable. I love Sara's cute curly hair! I am not looking forward to potty training. I'm just enjoying the newborn stage. You are so creative. I wish I could be an interior decorator like you! love you
Well Kierra you are 3 up on me. I have yet to potty train any children yet. Evan turned 3 in December and has zero interest in the potty. It should all be interesting! Good luck with Sara. I am excited for you to have the fabulous no-diapers-in-the-house day!
BWHAAA HAAA HAA! I'm sorry I know that you are not thinking this potty training thing is too funny, but some day you will look back on it and laugh! And you narration was totally killing me!! ˚Ü˚ I do feel you pain though, I seriously thought Bryson was going to be in High school before I could get that child trained! My best advice is, don't torture yourself, and just wait till SHE trains her own self! ˚Ü˚ It'll happen! I also learned the hard way that it is easier to change diapers than it is to clean your carpet! ˚Ü˚ So just hang in there! You are such a good little mother! and my guess is that it will happen when you least expect it!
Love ya,
Auntie Marsh ˚Ü˚
Just so you know - your blog was totally my inspiration to finally bite the bullet and start potty training my girls. Thank you!
Hi Kiera, Winston and I were so excited to hear from you. We were so sad to have to miss the friends get-together :( definitely next time. Good luck with the potty training! Hope all is well.
I totally hear you on the potty training thing. What a nightmare! I can't wait until she gets it 100%. Good Luck! By the way I love Sara's room. It is so cute! One day I hope to be good at that kind of stuff.
Post a Comment